Drawing classes are not just about drawing. The writer and the artist alike, wants to speak, create a scenario, a character and mood to complete a narrative. This narrative is intensely personal, thus comes from our experiences and reactions within, and the way you do this will always be personality based.
To be able to draw is bliss. To BE ABLE to draw gives you an edge, gives you power, helps you to design and enables you to communicated visually.
Perception in Drawing
Drawing is a skill that can be taught and is a great advantage for creativity and understanding of imagery, arrangement and place. One can always see whether drawing was involved in a work of art. It earths our ideas visibly to a surface through various lines, marks and shading that creates a cohesive two-dimensional image.
Building this drawing skill set involves effort, focus and understanding. It is not so easy for everyone to learn, it involves a lot of mathematics. Drawing classes will help you to understand this.
Painting figuratively (representative of our world) requires this skill. You can doodle imagery out of your head, but you can’t access true observation from it. There are many benefits to new-found observation that will help you with painting as well.
Once you have learnt to draw, you need to repeat the processes again and again to keep the skill alive. This drawing class structure enables anyone to know the basics, what you do with it is up to you.
In conclusion; drawing is not always a talent, it’s simply hard work.
PS. Using a grid, a projector or tracing is NOT drawing.
DRAWING BASICS AND PERCEPTIONAL SKILLS CLASSES
The principles of drawing that needs to be taught to all artists are:
- Observation. You see an apple for instance, and to you its an apple, its red. In drawing you learn to analyze the whole (object or scenery), observe its dimensions and angles, recessions and placement.
- Form. Anything lives in form and contains space or space, and you need to understand where to begin a drawing, how to measure with your eyes and where to go next.
- Value. Everything is shaped and represented by light and its results that you need to capture correctly to create a sense of mass and depth.
What you will learn in my drawing classes
- Explaining and clarifying drawing to you.
- How to truly observe
- Developing a process that makes sense to you
- Following a clear steps-by-step method to keep things simple
- Pressure control, scaling and measuring
- Changing bad habits
- Understanding values and what to do with them
- Learn how to observe and approach detail and texture.
- I don’t help students when they draw on their canvasses once they have completed their drawing course, they are able to do it themselves!
In your drawing course you will sketch various subjects, and you will work with pencil, charcoal and pastels.
Advanced Drawing Classes
ADVANCED DRAWING classes can follow the foundation drawing course. If you know how to draw already, you can take this course to advance your skill set and experience.
In the foundation drawing course, you learn all the basics of drawing. These are drawing from observation, a picture, real life and shaping a drawing methodology for yourself. Some students want more. including working with different drawing and wet media by itself or together, and using contemporary context as well. In other words – expanding your mind, your ability to seek and use different subject media and to explore different drawing tools and media. many experimental techniques to face your insecurities.
Drawing can be a lot more, it can be a permanent occupation in art.